About the Scholarships and Grants Program
The Christ Episcopal Church Foundation scholarships are need-based and available to students at beaches area high schools and within the Christ Church community. With our 25th class in 2019, the Foundation has provided over 100 scholarships and grants to deserving students. Students selected for scholarships will receive a Florida Pre-Paid scholarship and a mentor to support the student throughout their college tenure. The online application opens January 7, 2019. Students graduating high school in the 2018-2019 academic school year and current college students (grants only) may apply through March 1, 2019. Please check below for eligibility and requirements.
- 4-Year TUITION only scholarship provided through Florida Pre-Paid University Plan (Scholarships do not cover room, board, travel, and miscellaneous expenses.)
- May only be used at a PUBLIC state college or university within Florida
- Who is Eligible? Graduating High School seniors attending school in the greater Beaches area or active Christ Church members that demonstrate inability to attend college or university without scholarship assistance.
- Lump-sum awards of varying amounts sent directly to the school to cover expenses
- May be used at any college or university (including out-of-state).
- Who is Eligible? Graduating High School Seniors or current college students from the Beaches area or active Christ Church members that do not qualify for a 4-year scholarship.
Scholarship Application Process
- The 2019 scholarship and grant applications are an ONLINE application. All applications materials will be submitted online.
- The student must complete and submit the Scholarship Application and other required forms and documents by March 1, 2019.
- As part of the review, selection, and recommendation process, the Foundation Scholarship Committee members may request student interviews.
- Students may expect a decision from the committee by the end of April.
Before You Apply
The 2019 Scholarship and Grant Process has been revised to streamline the application process for students and families. Before beginning your online application, please read the sections below carefully. Preparing your documents before you begin the online application will make the process simpler.
We highly recommend preparing these items prior to beginning the online application.
Please save all documents with the following file name: FirstInitialLastName-Document Title (example: CSlone-Teacher Recommendation, CSlone-FAFSA)
Documents to Collect for Upload
- Evidence of acceptance to public college or university
- Official 11th and 12th grade transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores
- Bright Futures notifications
- Financial aid package information from college/university
- Information on additional scholarships/awards
- IRS form 1040 (parents, student if applicable)
- Copy of current driver’s license
Preview the Application
Preview the application prior to beginning the online process. Please note that, the online application will vary slightly in appearance though the questions and content will remain the same.