- This event has passed.
The Future of Dying and Death
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Thursday, repeating until June 7, 2018
Presented by the Center for Study and Exploration and led by Dr. Ann R. Flipse, this four session course will explore dying as a process and death as an event. We will look at several important themes related to the topic, with a goal of reflecting on and provide salient information on this aspect of life.
We will examine:
- Immortality and Mortality
- How Dying is Viewed in Different Faith Groups
- The Importance of Sharing Grief and Honoring Loss
- Identifying Comforting Strategies Like Sharing Reminiscences
- Life Review and Story Telling
- The Importance of Having “The Conversation” and “Taking Back” the Dying Process
- Palliative Care vs. Hospice Care
- The Care of the Soul
Please join us in this important discussion. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Ann Flipse