Baptism Dates and Classes
Spiritual Beginnings: Baptism Preparation Class
When should my child be baptized? What happens in baptism? How should I choose godparents or sponsors, and what exactly am I asking them to do? These questions and more are explored in the baptism preparation class, Spiritual Beginnings. Baptism participants are expected to attend one Spiritual Beginnings class prior to the baptism. In the event that one cannot participate in a regularly scheduled class, private meetings can be scheduled on a case-by-case basis. This class is also open to anyone who would like to learn more about baptism in general.
The following traditional worship services in the main church sanctuary will include baptisms. Due to timing constraints, space is limited in the 9:00 services listed below. In addition to attending Spiritual Beginnings, baptism participants (including godparents, when possible) are asked to attend a 30-minute pre-baptismal rehearsal in the church the Sunday before the baptism at 10:30 am.
- April 28, 2019, 11:15 Traditional Worship (limited availability)
- May 19, 2019, 11:15 Traditional Worship
- June 9, 2019, 9:00 Traditional Worship
- July 14, 2019, 11:15 Traditional Worship
- August 25, 2019, 11:15 Traditional Worship
- September 22, 2019, 9:00 Traditional Worship
- October 13, 2019, 11:15 Traditional Worship
- November 3, 2019, 11:15 Traditional Worship
If you usually attend the contemporary worship service and would prefer a baptism in that setting, please contact Catherine Montgomery for available dates.