Creative Academy Instructors

Christ Church Creative Academy Instructors

Each of our instructors are professional artists in their field and are trained in provide quality instruction in a safe, caring, and communal environment.

Our programming is generously supported by the Mallory Family Fine Arts Fund. Financial assistance is available upon request.

Stephanie Murray
(443) 306-5134, piano, vocal

Stephanie is the director of the children’s and youth choir program at Christ Church. A graduate of Concordia College in Moorhead, MN with a music education and psychology degree, she taught general music, choir, and musical theater at a large Catholic school in Maryland for 21 years before moving to Ponte Vedra in 2018. She teaches private piano and voice lessons, and is a member of the Christ Church Chancel Choir and Common Ground ensemble.

Maureen Rhodes
(904) 312-4752, piano

Bachelor of Music Education with further study at the University of North Florida. I have over 30 years of piano teaching experience Currently I am pursuing a masters degree in Piano Performance at the University of North Florida. My teaching method is the traditional/classical piano method which emphasizes note reading and basic skills from the outset. I include repertoire of jazz and popular music in my curriculum.

Quinton Rhodes
(904) 312-4752 music theory

Bachelor of Arts in Music from the University of North Florida. Special musical teaching skills include music theory and composition. He has been a church musician for many years. He is currently associate pianist and organist at Shepherd of the Woods Lutheran Church, Jacksonville.

Tim Root
(253-223-1823), piano

Doctor of Musical Arts from the University of Washington. I have been teaching private piano for over 30 years to students of all ages. I love working with students from beginner through intermediate levels. When not teaching piano, I teach music at Edward Waters University in Jacksonville and serve in the music ministry at Christ Church. I hold a Florida Teacher Certification.

Jen Schlehte (703) 901-0385, vocal

Jen Schlechte is a dynamic music educator, award-winning choral director and voice teacher, who specializes in developing children’s voices. She performs and teaches a variety of styles, including classical, musical theater, gospel and vocal jazz. Currently, she sings at Christ Episcopal Church and with the Jacksonville Symphony, and directs the First Coast Youth Show Choir. Jen is committed to providing a stimulating, nurturing and creative environment focused on maximizing the potential of each individual student to foster a lifelong appreciation for music.