May 29, 2018
The great news we learned Sunday is that we’ve reached 50% of our total funding goal with early gifts and the initial ingathering of nearly 200 pledges. This milestone allows us to begin construction on the first of several planned projects, all of which are dependent upon our continued support of the Bold Faith for a Bold Future campaign.
This week you will begin to see signs of work in and around the Christian Family Center, as we begin the process of transforming it into the new home of the Christ Church Preschool. We’re beginning this work now to accommodate the school year schedule, with full faith that together we will reach our stated goal for the remainder of the projects.
Week of May 28: Screen fencing will be installed around some work areas, construction dumpsters and trailers will arrive on site. The staff and program volunteers have removed most of the furnishings and stored items from the building, and our contractors will help us finish that work. Interior demolition of the CFC building will begin the week of June 4.Contractors and sub-contractors who work on our site will be background checked, and will wear ID badges from the moment they arrive each morning.
If you have questions about the construction projects, please contact Steve Harrison.
Questions about the campaign? Contact Fr. Tom Reeder, 904-285-7390 ext. 239 or Liz McCarthy, 904-285-7390 ext. 235 email@example.com.
March 4, 2018
Our BOLD Faith for a BOLD Future capital campaign is underway! This ongoing work began a few years ago with a strategic planning process. We’ve done a lot since then, and there is much more that we hope to do together. In addition to our hundreds of growing ministries, during the past two years we have:March 4, 2018
- Reorganized and trained staff and lay leaders in Children and Families, Youth, Young Adults and Christ Church Cares ministries.
- Hosted thousands of non-church related community meetings and events.
- Built the Rhoda Martin Early Learning Center in Jacksonville Beach.
- Added staff support to marketing communications, development and outreach.
- Developed a new direction for ministry at the Center for Spirituality on San Pablo.
- Launched the Jordan Services to serve a growing congregation and welcome more people into our community of faith.
- Created a synergistic relationship with Formation and Arts that brings new people to our Church and engages us in holy conversation.
All of this has been done in God’s name, as we’ve worked together to live into our mission.
In order to be all that God is calling us to be, we must now, in BOLD Faith for a BOLD Future, address the need to make some changes to our physical space. A team of clergy, staff, lay leaders and consultants have developed a Master Site Plan which we feel will meet the needs of our thriving parish for decades to come. LEARN MORE