- The Christ Church Nursery (link?) provides care for infants through children age four while parents/guardians attend selected worship services and functions
- Christ Church Preschool offers an educational environment for children ages six months old through Kindergarten
- Our Music and Arts Ministry and The School of the Arts offer a variety of opportunities in music, dance and theater for children
- Christian formation provides education, interaction and activities for children
The mission of the Youth Ministry of Christ Episcopal Church is to engage our youth, their families and friends in an exciting and welcoming faith community, to encourage them in their spiritual journeys, and to help them recognize God’s presence in their daily lives. The staff and leaders of the Youth Ministry are deeply devoted to fulfilling our mission and we hope each young person will feel welcomed into this extended Christian group of peers and mentors.
Our Youth programs are divided into two groups: middle school (6th through 8th grades) and high school (9th through 12th grades). Our goal is to play, worship and serve together.
- Sunday Morning Christian Formation – education and refreshments
- Sunday Night Youth Group – activities, food and friends
- Breakfast Club – food and conversation before school
- Leadership Team – what it means to be a servant leader
- Oscar Night Fundraiser – a celebration and fundraiser
- Youth Sunday – our youth lead an entire worship service
- Acolytes and Lectors – assisting with worship services
- C-Life – a Eucharist service on the beach
Confirmation in the Episcopal Church is a sacrament that confirms the baptismal vows and represents a mature commitment to faith. Once our youth are ready to take this step, they are invited to participate in our confirmation process, which traditionally begins in 10th grade. This process involves required weekly classes in the spring and a weekend retreat. An adult sponsor is assigned to each youth to help with the confirmation journey.
We encourage your involvement in the Youth Ministry. Please fill out the Contact Form (link) or contact Nate Huddleston, Youth Ministries Director, at (904) 280-7390 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or The Rev. Justin Yawn at (904) 285-7390 ext. 229 or email@example.com.
You may also be interested in:
- Youth Ministry Brochure (PDF) »
- Youth Ministry health waiver form
- latest youth newsletter
- Download our Youth Ministry Director Position Profile