“Outreach” quite literally means reaching out to those in need. The mission of the Outreach Committee of Christ Episcopal Church is to be an outward and visible expression of Christ’s call to our parish. This call is to prayerfully remember, serve and financially assist those who minister to the poor, the sick and the less fortunate in our community, our nation and the world. At Christ Church, we see a need and try to respond. We ask, “Can this be done?” And we keep asking until people see that it can be done. On this page you will find the names and links to the many outreach ministries we support. We encourage you to ask yourself, “How can I help get this done?”
Our outreach ministries include:
In our community and the U.S.
- BEAM (Beaches Emergency assistance Ministry) – jaxbeam.org
- Mission House – missionhousejax.org
- Beaches Healthcare Clinic, in partnership with the Sulzbacher Center
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Mission – stmarysjax.org
- Episcopal Children’s Services – ecs4kids.org
- ICARE (Interfaith Coalition for Action, Reconciliation and Empowerment) – accucc.org/icare.php
- Rhoda Martin Literacy Program
- CAP (Cathedral Arts Project) – capkids.org
- Beaches Habitat for Humanity – beacheshabitat.org
- Dreams Come True – dreamscometrue.org
Outside the U.S.
- Amistad Orphanage in Bolivia – amistadmission.org
- Church of the Good Shepherd Mission in Matanzas, Cuba – ceccubaministry.blogspot.com
- Episcopal Relief and Development – er-d.org
For more information, please contact the church office at 904-285-6127 or email@example.com.