Responding to Jesus’s mandate in Matthew 25 to feed, clothe and care for those in need, the Outreach Ministry of Christ Episcopal Church assists those who serve the most vulnerable in our community, our nation and the world. We do this through an annual grantmaking program, by identifying ways parishioners can provide hands-on service and encouraging participation.
In 2016, our outreach partners included:
In our community and the U.S.
- BEAM (Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry) – jaxbeam.org
- Beaches Habitat for Humanity – beacheshabitat.org
- Beaches Healthcare Clinic, in partnership with the Sulzbacher Center
- Episcopal Children’s Services – ecs4kids.org
- Feeding NE Florida – feedingnefl.org
- Foster Closet – fostercloset.org
- Hart Felt Ministries – hartfelt.org
- ICARE – accucc.org/icare.php
- Mission House – missionhousejax.org
- Pie in the Sky
- Rhoda Martin Early Learning Center
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Mission – stmarysjax.org
Outside the U.S.
- Amistad Village in Bolivia – amistadmission.org
- Church of the Good Shepherd Mission, Clean Water for Cuba in Guira, Matanzas, Cuba
- Episcopal Relief and Development – er-d.org
We make grants, typically $10,000 or less, for programs that address basic needs of our most vulnerable neighbors. In addition, we provide funds to organizations with local, national or international Episcopal affiliation, especially those founded by Christ Church or impacted by significant parishioner involvement. Recipients are selected in an annual process by a committee of parishioners, under the guidance of the senior associate rector.
Those requesting funding should submit an Outreach Grant Application (below) or via the 2017 Outreach Grant Application (PDF). For more information, see the 2017 Outreach Grant Criteria and Schedule (PDF) or contact the church office at 904-285-6127.